Another introduction.

 Hi.

Is your name on the Berlin Wall?
(I'm happier than I look here trust me)
❕❕❕

What's up guys, I'm Lee, 21, from Donaghmede in North Dublin. I feel I've introduced myself a million times in the last year but I suppose we'll do it again. 

A few things about me, I love travelling, my favourite places that I've been to have to be either Berlin or Stavanger in Norway. I plan on moving away soon after we finish in TUD and hopefully get a job as a designer (fingers crossed). 

Some hobbies that I have discovered over the last year and a half are hiking, which is so calming and refreshing, and travelling around Dublin to find the best fried chicken burger, so far Dirt Birdz in Bray is at my top spot. I've also found out that graffiti is really fun. 


(NSFW) Dirt Birdz in Bray 

I'm also interested in fashion and slightly obsessed with cars, although my 1.2-litre Fiesta would probably tell you otherwise, if you see me bullying any VW Polos outside campus mind your business, or join in I can't tell you what to do. 

I also really like photography, which is one of the reasons why I applied for this course in the first place. 

Last semester my favourite module was design process and practise with Mark Shiels. It was basically a module in graphic design, which I now know that I love doing.


This is my dog Bailey, his nickname is Maggots because he's a maggot

He's a Shih Tzu so he's got that great overbite, he definitely needs braces. 

I also love music, I mostly listen to hip hop or techno/ house but anything with a heavy bass will make me happy. Some of my favourite artists include Kojaque, Dave, A$AP Rocky, AJ Tracey, Skepta, slowthai, SAINt JHN, Brent Faiyaz and The Weeknd. If you wanna vibe here's my playlist ;).

During the summer I attempted to use my new found graphic design skills and the Mac that the college kindly provided, to make some logos and posters for some friends businesses. Let me know what you think! 


TECHSHACK, a store selling small gadgets and tech accessories 

Dazzling Dogs, a dog groomers 

Roy Kelly, a trainee barber

See ya❕❕


Comments

  1. Hey Lee,

    I feel the same, I also feel like I have introduced myself several times in the past year.
    I was in Berlin too in September. What was your favourite nightclub you went to, well thats it you went, but I'm sure you did.

    I really like the logos and posters you have created over the summer, they're really cool!
    Anyways, I really enjoyed reading your blog and also browsing through it.

    Alex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats up Alex, thank you I appreciate it, but I didn't get to go to any clubs unfortunately 😭 one of my biggest regrets.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lee, Where would you like to move too in the future? Your dog is adorable and looks like a little fluff ball. What's your favourite song by The Weeknd ? Your designs looks great ! I really like the colours and I think it's great you done more design work out of class. Hope you enjoy designing more things and get to move wherever you want to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milena, I'm not sure if I'd fully move away I think I'd always end up coming home. Tough question probably House of Balloons or Lost in the fire. Thank you I appreciate it ☺️.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lee,
    I love Berlin! If you're there again over the summer let me know and we will go for a few scoops ;) Bailey is super cute, I'm so jealous I have no pets. You also have a banging music taste. You're really good at design! Looking forward to working with you and seeing you around campus.

    Philippa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Philippa, I'll have to take you up on that offer. Bailey is a nuisance you can have him. And thank you so much, look forward to working with you ☺️.

      Delete
  4. LMAAAOO the caption under your picture 💀 I gotta say you look SO enthusiastic there 😭😭 duuude Berlin is so clean like gah damn 😳🕶🤏🏼YES FINGERS CROSSED i'm sure you'll get the job. You made those logos?!?!! ayoo those are actually so good they look really professional.
    Your dog is hands down my favourite part of this blog Bailey deserves the universe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dominika ☺️☺️ and Bailey looks cute but he's is an absolute nightmare to live with

      Delete
  5. Hey Lee!
    I'm so jealous that you've been to Berlin I've been dying to go but I haven't convinced anyone to go with me :( also as much as I despise small dogs I will admit that Bailey is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatsup Lee! Bailey is adorable man, I love chicken burgers so ill have to go out to bray sometime and try that, Them logos and posters that you made look awesome man keep up the good work! Especially if you enjoy it go for it. My favourite one has got to be the dog grooming one its really cute and would look clean on a website or poster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lee how are things mate! That playlist is something else man, you've got a great taste in music for sure. Love the graphic design work you've done! I'm jealous of those illustrator skills you've got going for you. I'm also a big fan of travelling and its great that with covid slowly becoming a thing of the past that we can travel somewhat freely again. P.s. Your dog is mad cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee, I really like your introduction it's very detailed and is a good read. I really like travelling too and Berlin sounds like a very cool place to go I'd love to go there as well. I also really like hiking and walks I feel like they're very chill and relaxing as well. I also really like your dog I have a dog kind of like that tooI have a dog kind of like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lee,

    Nice to see you're not tired of introducing yourself just yet. Nothing wrong with the 1.2 Fiesta, I love mine! We'll have to rock up to a car meet together and blow everyone away. I didn't take you as someone who'd want to emigrate but I can definitely see you running your own clothing brand in future, the next Off White?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lee,

    I thought I commented on everyones blog intros at this stage but it seems I haven't. I was in Berlin a few weeks ago and had a ball. Was mad but defo needed that after not being able to do anything here for so long. Your logos are unreal. Design was my favourite module last year too. What are you thinking of visual this year? At least still has that graphic design feel. After this year I don't think we do anymore which is disappointing. Anyway might see you on campus in the new year!

    Kev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment