First Playable

This week's update on my prototype is coming along quite well, not quite at the playable stage but it's coming along. Since last week I have changed my player controller as I was finding it too difficult to have the car move at a constant rate after pressing one key, so the player will have to hold the space bar to move the car and escape the police, I will then have to create a script so that if the player falls too close to the police car, the game will end. But I have created two scripts, a spawn manager and a script to control the spawn of the infinite road and the objects that will be placed onto it, and the road prefab which will infinitely spawn as the player moves forward.

This week I am working on the spawning of the oncoming obstacles and I am planning on making them move towards the player but I am not sure if I want the obstacles to be in place and have oncoming cars moving or have them both move but at a different speed. 

Screenshot of my Unity

I did find it hard to try and create a script to have the player move forward after a single key press and keep that constant pace but that turned out to be harder than I thought, so that idea was scrapped. I actually find Unity itself to be the easy part with the coding in Visual studio to be the hard part but I am using tutorials online.

Comments

  1. Hi Lee, I really like how your game is looking at the moment the cars and setting looks very professional and cool. It's cool how you made the road be Infinite and you figured out how to do that. I like how you want to add oncoming obstacles to your game, I think that would be a nice aspect to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee

    Nice to see you're making further progress with your game. I'm finding it hard to get everything the way I want too but hopefully we'll figure it out soon. It sounds like your game is coming along really well and it can only get better from here. I look forward to seeing how it looks at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lee,

    Good work so far on your game it's looking really well so far. Definitely give's me the 80's arcade racer vibes you spoke about in your GDD and on Twitter. Keep up the good work you're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sup Lee , i love what your doing with your project and i indeed love your idea. I was going for a similar approach in my project but had to forget about having a car as my Ai kept on messing up on me. Although i see what you have there I would still love to be able to see more of your game and see how you did in the final draft. Dealing with the scripts first time can be very tricky and i feel constant testing and practice is what makes a game perfect. I just wish i took my own advice. Still i look forward to what you have to offer and would even love to play the game for myself. It looks very fun and reminds me of the games i played growing up as a child. I wish there was more time to work on the projects so that we could see what your made of.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment