Class Task

Thoughts and first impressions 

First impressions of the core assignments, they are really different compared to a lot of the other assignments and modules and I feel that some of the assignments, like the reading and blog comments, are a nice way to give us some work that can be completed easily and without too much stress. The style in that they are presented in, is almost like a game, and helps a lot too, especially the little box ticking, which kinda gives you that serotonin boost and makes you wanna actually do more work. They are really satisfying to complete. 


The Unity 3D and the project are the only daunting parts of the module for me as animation or 3D game design is something I never had thought about doing, but its similar to my experience with web dev last year, as I had never thought about coding website before I started, which made it really daunting, but by the end of the final project I had done really well. So I hope to carry that same attitude forward for the project assignment portion of this module. 

Some of the extra credit assignments actually seem like fun, the main one I look forward to is the "Wikipedia Trails". I have spent a few nights where I can't sleep, going down "Wikipedia holes" or "trails" and discovering connections between two totally unrelated topics or finding out new information about topics I enjoy. It's actually really fun, and getting marks for it sounds like a win-win.

Falling (Into a Wikipedia Hole) 

I can think of an example off the top of my head I found one night that I couldn't wait to tell people about the following morning, that there was an Irish F1 team called Jordan Grand Prix, founded by a man from Dublin, that competed from 1991 to 2005 before being sold. This same team has been sold several times since then, the latest owner of the team is Aston Martin Racing, who actually use the original facility used by the Irish team in the 90s.

The growth mindset tasks are also quite interesting, although I don't fully agree with  Carol Dweck, you can read about that in my previous blog post, the ideas and teachings that she provided were very interesting and I look forward to reading more about this type of psychology as it is something I am interested. 



Comments