Class Tools

 Technology Tools and Course Websites

Most of the tools listed, such as an RSS feed, canvas or cheezburger are all totally new to me but I feel that listing out all of the tools like this makes it a bit easier on me, especially as someone who isn't as technologically literate as other may be. This is a much nicer way of doing it rather than just walking into a lecture one day and being told, "we're using cheezburger today". 

Me trying to learn new software via Google


It gives people a chance to maybe download the software early and get a start on learning the basics, like what we done in first year, we were told we'd be using the Adobe suite, so I downloaded Photoshop and Illustrator and tried to teach myself before we got started as a group. 

The only one I am comfortable with is Spark, as we used that in Year 1 for our introduction vitro for IDM. 

This class is a lot different to others and does require a lot of different apps and tools but I think the point of getting us use to tools we might use after college and not just relying on Moodle is a really good idea. Moodle is also a nightmare in my opinion and I much prefer using a site that is outside of that. 

Comments