Unity Tutorial 03

 Unity Food Fight

I surprisingly found this week's task to be a lot easier, even creating a new file I knew how to do it and didn't have to refer back to the start of the other tutorials to remember how to start up everything. It was actually really fun learning how to create a random spawn point for all the animals and watching them all rush out while spamming the S key. The only thing I really found difficult were the prefabs, I don't really understand the purpose of them or what the difference between them and the regular items in the hierarchy was, even though I knew to use the prefabs instead of the items in the hierarchy when it was needed.

My Unity prototype 2

I did trip up a few times this week but it only took me about 2 hours in total, so I'm getting quicker with it. The one thing I screwed up on was when I was about halfway through and forgot to save the scene, and I went downstairs for a few minutes my Mac had decided to go into overdrive and shut down after overheating and when I came back everything had been closed down and I lost the progress I had made. It was annoying but surprisingly easy to remember what steps I needed to redo, thankfully all the code was still there.

Comments