Game Design Document

My GDD can be viewed here.

Getting started on my game design document (GDD) was a bit of a slow process, getting used to Dundoc and deciding which heading to use after the template added them in took a while. I eventually figured out which ones I actually needed for my game specifically. 

There isn't too much content in my GDD, but the game itself is quite simple and won't be too big in scale so I feel it won't need as much written content as some others. There are only going to be two controls, left and right, to dodge oncoming obstacles. The game will be infinite but after using Unity, I figured out how to make everything behind you disappear so that will be useful for keeping the game small. And there is no enemy other than stationary objects that the player must dodge. 

Overdrive by Nintendo 

This game called Overdrive is basically what I imagined in my head before finding out this game existed so I will be using this for a lot of my inspiration. 

Comments

  1. Hey Lee!
    I love your Game Design Document and your game idea, we both seem to have really similar ideas with our games so it might be a bit biased that I think it's a great idea haha!
    I'm a big fan of retro style games, especially car ones.
    I like the idea of having to dodge obstacles while running from the police.
    When it comes to hitting an obstacle, will the game just end then or is there some kind of booster that could keep you going even after hitting an obstacle, that might be something useful to look into!
    I can't wait to see this game when it's finished and be able to play it!
    Rachael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee , I like your idea and layout of your Game and you seem to know what you are doing , Unity helps for sure , i suppose at our level the Game does not have to be big and the most important thing it has to work , so I will hope to play your Game at the end of semester and wishing you all the best in developing your Game and lots of Fun as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment