Prototype

 Starting The Game

This week I started the prototype for my racing game in Unity. So far I was finding it a bit difficult to code it how I wanted to, but because I am basing it on a racing game I was able to use the Unity tutorials that we have been doing every week as a base. So far I was able to get the car and camera to move forward on input and turn left and right. I don't want to use the rotation script for the car turning as I just want the car to almost jump from lane to lane at the press of a button, however, I am finding that very hard. All of the inputs I have been using so far have been based on holding the input button down, but I want the inputs to be controlled by a single button press, for example, I want the car to move forward indefinitely with the press of a single button. But I can't seem to find a solution online for this.

A screenshot I took of my prototype 

I spent a couple hours setting up the Unity prototype and the coding, but after that I wanted it to start looking how I wanted and learned how to import assets that I found online, I found a low polygon retro sports car and a low polygon police car to use. And I also made the road into a dual-carriageway and added a slight purple tint to the game. I did base it off the week 1 sample scene from Unity because I knew that had a road that I could use too. 

So far it's going okay, I think it'll be simple enough once I get the car movement where I want to be. I also plan to have the police car follow the player but I need to write a new script similar to the camera script for following the player but I need to have it just behind the player. 

Comments

  1. Hey lee, firstly I love how your game is coming along, even though it's at its early stages of development. The tutorials we have been doing the pat few weeks are definitely useful and helpful sources. One suggestion is looking at youtube videos to create your own objects. You can create any 3D objects and then applying a texture to give your game more character. Cant wait to see how your game when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee. Love the layout of your blog and your prototype looks beyond brilliant. I see you’re also doing a game involving cars. Knew I wasn’t the only one who was thinking of this. I wish you the best of luck with the final weeks of the semester and with finishing your game. Your prototype looks fantastic, so I know the finished work will be a masterpiece. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lee

    This prototype looks really good already. I love your game idea too. I love how you have actual cars in your game instead of just basic shapes like most and I love the idea of a police chase game it gives off real GTA vibes. I can't wait to see how your game looks at the end and I wish you the best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment