Unity Tutorial 04

The first one was to finish the dog prototype by adding the collision to the dog and the food so that they will both disappear when the food and the dog come into contact.

The Unity challenge for reading week was similar to the plane challenge. We were given the game and the code for Visual Studio and had to fix all the issues. There were a few things wrong with the game, the player was supposed to spawn dogs to catch balls falling from the sky but instead, there were dogs running along on the top of the screen and the player was spawning balls in the ground. 

We had to make sure the dogs didn't fall through the ground, were being spawned correctly in front of the player, and then despawned when they left the screen so they didn't take up memory. One of the harder parts of the challenge was the balls randomly falling from the sky, I couldn't fully get it to work where there was a random coloured ball that would spawn, instead it was the same colour that would keep spawning and I couldn't figure it out.

My Unity


The next Unity lesson was the 3.1 jump force. At the start with the different sprite backgrounds, my Mac was quite slow. Other than that it was straightforward enough, the gravity physics and being able to stop the double jump was new, and one of the useful things that I can use in my game project was the background being able to move to the left and I can use that for my background in my game. 

Comments