Review Week Comments and Feedback

Overall I think the quality of comments and feedback I have been getting is very good, I've gotten a lot of helpful suggestions and questions about my game that I wouldn't have thought of myself. This year too I feel people are being more critical of each other's work which is really helpful, compared to last year when everyone just agreed with each other and didn't have any constructive feedback, but I feel that is really important for the creative process, especially mine. The best comments I've gotten would be the questions about my game, one of the questions was along the lines of "are you going to create powerups", which I hadn't even thought of before that was asked. But questions like that are really helpful for me as I feel it can add more to a game to have someone from the outside question your logic of what you are doing. 

Feedback via Pixabay

I don't feel I've been giving great comments as I am just impressed by everyone else's work I'm too busy complimenting them and relating it back to my own project that I can never really think of questions to ask, I do feel however I've been quite good as constructive criticism, again, I feel it's really important but some people tend to neglect it or be afraid of it so I want people to give me that sort of feedback so I always try and do it for others. Sometimes though I find it hard to comment on some people's blogs, about the project and the other ones as I've found a couple of times that they have hardly any blog written, this makes it very difficult to actually find some content to be able to talk about. This happened to me a few weeks ago where I had to generate the three random blogs 3 or 4 times in a row to find a blog with enough content to be able to comment on.

I have got a good sense of each person in general from being on campus this year but their blogs definitely help with learning about people and seeing what you have in common. I'm really happy with how my blog looks and how it reflects me as a person.

Looking forward, to making the blog comments more useful, I feel there shouldn't be a minimum of 200 words for each comment, along with the 2 other comments that have to be left on that person's blog, and then doing the same for 2 more people, which is 1,200 words in total, which is a bit much in my opinion. I think at that rate people start repeating themselves or just waffling to have to fill the word count. I feel that with a smaller word count, or even a maximum amount of words, people would be more direct and be able to give better feedback without the worry of having to fill the word count. 

Comments