Unity Tutorial 09

This week's Unity introduced us to some cool new game mechanics such as particle effects, keeping score, and restart buttons, all of which will be very useful for me in my project. I am finding these tutorials a lot easier now, I managed to complete lessons 5.1 to 5.3 in a lot less than the allocated time and without any major errors popping up in Unity.

Screenshot of my Unity

The only real issue I had which you can see in this screenshot is the score not actually appearing in the game view on the lower screen, but it was fully working in the top screen for some reason. Other than that there were no major errors that I wasn't able to solve myself. 

The lessons I found most useful which I will be implementing in my own game are gonna be the score, which I want to use to track the player's distance traveled the particle effects, which will be an explosion very similar to the ones in this prototype, that will happen when the player collides with an object that causes the game to end, the car will explode. I will also need to have a restart button.

Comments