Unity Tutorial 03

I decided this week I wanted to change from the VR over to the 2D game as I thought I'd be more interested, oh how I regret that decision. I wasted my entire Sunday on this absolutely abhorrent tutorial. Absolutely plagued with issues from the start. I downloaded two versions of Unity, the 2021 and 2020 version, because the last time I tried to run the tutorial, I was told I didn't have the correct version. So after downloading them both and trying them both, 2021 didn't work, and I went to the older version. I was met straight away with errors that I couldn't clear for the life of me, and a sample scene that never opened. After 2 hours I gave up and decided to start anyway, the error worked itself out somehow. 

After doing the tutorial for a while I started to realize it was so out of date, that there were features no longer in Unity, so I had to google how to do things such as the tilemaps, then to find out that there arent any files for the next part of the tiling sequence. So ill have to use the single set of tiles unless I can find them on the Unity store. Anyway, I hate Unity and Rubys Adventure and I'll continue this next week.



Comments

  1. Hey Lee, I can see your tutorials are going very well XD . I think everyone had struggles with finding the perfect version of Unity because the tutorials were old and things didnt match up. I can see that you have not found the tiles and that is what I was struggling with too..... Some how they appeared once I got the tile pallete open and I honestly was not sure how, maybe yours will appear too if you play around pressing everything. Hope your tutorials go easier after this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yooo Le, man VR has been so all over the place in this module it took me so long for me to figure out mine too. Everything in the tutorials are so old compared to what we're using rn its just a PHAT mess. Hope you find better luck with the 2D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment