Reading 08

This week I started working on the writing for my chapter in our book, my chapter being under the "Negative Aspects of Gaming" section and is about internet gaming disorder (IGD) and how it can cause social disconnection and in turn, the Gilgamesh effect. I completed about 2 weeks' worth of work writing over 2 days, getting the guts of 1000 words done, with my introduction also done, with the bibliography also being completed as I go along with mentioning my sources in the writing. 

It's not difficult for me and the topic can actually be quite interesting, especially when I speak about the causes for IGD, which is rooted in childhood trauma and for some people, is an escape from the real world. It has a lot of psychology in it too which I also find quite interesting and I am good at writing once I get into the swing of things. 



Comments