CMS UX Concept

Section A:

For the website I will be creating for the CMS main website, I want to create a sneaker review website. The reviewing aspect lends itself well to the content management aspect of the website as I can easily add or remove reviews with ease, it will also allow for comments for anyone viewing the site. I will need to have some comment management plugins as reviews are divisive and often invite other people’s opinions. 

The first UX feature I want to incorporate is a call to action button to sign up to the newsletter to receive updates on not only the reviews but also the latest releases of sneakers. This button will be on most or all of the pages, but I feel it might distract people when they are reading the reviews so on the review pages I could leave it out. 








Another UX feature I feel would benefit the review aspect of the site would be the ability for viewers to leave reviews on the sneakers themselves, for example if they own the shoes themselves and they rip easily they can leave a review and a star rating to let myself and other viewers know. 

Section B:

Why I want a call to action button to sign up is to maximise users returning to my site, by having them signing up to a newsletter they are more likely to return, and by also having the site update users on the latest sneaker releases, it will give an extra incentive to return and see what the reviews are before you buy. 

The reasoning for the review section is to boost user interaction so that the site always feels more active and encourages people who might not be interested in reading the reviews themselves, to leave their own reviews that other readers might be interested in seeing. 

Section C:

To implement these should be quite easy, from a pure HTML standpoint a call to action button is very easy to implement but for WordPress there could be a small plugin but that would use up space, or I could find a small code snippet that would take up less room so I might use that option. I found an article of someone showing how to implement a code snippet for a comment review.


The star rating system might be slightly more difficult as I’ve never done it before but I found an article online of someone implementing it, along with code for it. 

Review snippet: https://www.cssigniter.com/add-rating-wordpress-comment-system/

Call to action: https://uxplanet.org/ux-practices-8-handy-tips-on-cta-button-design-682fdb9c65bc

UX Design Foundations: https://books.google.ie/books?hl=en&lr=&id=ANX-_0Yn8-wC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=ux+design&ots=dQLOi6nIfe&sig=wjExvk2TsJ3PJI-jqqASdeSvhFo&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=ux%20design&f=false





Comments