Final Website Migration



The final output for my websites homepage. The website that I created was a sneaker review site, that gives an honest and unbiased opinion of the latest sneaker drops, as well as having a page for showcasing upcoming sneaker drops, with an email subscription to send updates to users. 
This site went through a couple of revisions and had a complete overhaul of theme half way through the creation of the site due to the complexity of the first theme that I chose. 

To migrate my site online I used the All-In-One Migration plugin on my localhost WordPress site to download a copy of the sites files, and then uploaded it to the online version of the site using the same plugin. Unfortunately, this didn't work the first two times that I migrated it, because of an issue with the file manager in the cPanel, the files were being placed into the wrong location and coming up with this error. 

I managed to get the home page to work but the rest of the pages still show this error. Another issue I had was where I clicked the link to my site and it wouldn't show anything, instead just a blank white screen, that the internet has dubbed the "white screen of death". I had issues with iFastNet's hosting too along the way. 

The theme that I used in the end was the twenty-twenty three theme, this was chosen due to its ease of use, compared to my first theme, BlockMag, that I was originally using. 

The plugins I used were:

- Essential Blocks: This gave me more blocks to use in order to customise the site, mostly I wanted it for its carousel gallery that it allowed me to use for my sneaker releases page.

- ReviewX: This plugin let me add a review section into the comments section so viewers could rate my reviews.

- W3 Total Cache: Improves the performance and security of my site.

- WP Forms: This allowed me to add a contact form to my contact page so that viewers could get in contact with any issues they had.

- Google Fonts Typography: The base fonts with WP themes are very basic, so I wanted more options. 

Code snippets:

- Mark long comments as spam 
- Remove auto links from URLs posted in comments 
- Minimum length comments 
- Remove WP version 
- Save users details for next comment 




Comments