Unity Tutorial 10

I think last week I accidentally did too much work in the Unity tutorials because I have lessons 5.1 to 5.3 already done, so if you want to see my blog for Unity tutorial 10, lesson 5, click here

I chose to use a tutorial I found on YouTube this week to help with my game. It is called "Unity Endless Tutorial" you can find the video here. There is a whole playlist dedicated to showcasing from start to finish the creation of an endless runner game, like temple run. 

Screenshot of the tutorial I followed


These types of games are very similar to mine, ao I thought this would be useful for me. It turns out it was very helpful for the infinite spawning and despawning of the road in my game. The code is set up to spawn a certain amount of tiles in front of the player and despawn the ones behind, I think the max I have on screen is 7 tiles, but the tiles are big enough so that the player can't actually notice that the tiles are spawning in front. However, I am having trouble as some of the items in my tile prefabs shoot into the air when the game begins, and some tiles spawn on top of each other, I think I'm almost done fixing them spawning on top of each other as I am able to control where the next tile spawns but I need the exact length of each tile to calculate where to spawn the next one, which isn't easy in Unity. The other problem is turning out to be quite hard. 

Comments

  1. Hey Lee this game looks really cool 0<0 The spawning in of tiles to make your road endless is super cool, I hope you can find a solution to the measurement problem soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee,

    Your game is looking great. The script you have to de spawn and spawn the tiles is a great system to have in your game. It will definitely help with game performance for some less powerful systems that's for sure. Best of luck with publishing your game, cant wait to give the final product a go. it looks great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment